5 Critical Tools in Real Estate Closing Software for your Practice
As a real estate attorney, you know that having the right tools is critical to a successful practice. In this blog post, we'll discuss five critical tools for your practice, including 1099-S e-filing capabilities within your real estate closing software. Whether your practice is exclusively focused on real estate, or you run a general practice with portions dedicated to real estate, accuracy, efficiency, and compliance are critical to a successful practice.
Closings can be time consuming. It’s easy to lose track of how much time is spent calculating numbers, entering basic information, and working through all the many details of completing the Closing Disclosure and other settlement documents. Real estate closing software for attorneys will not only save you time, but also help you track work completed.
Save time, be more profitable, and produce accurate documents by using the right tools, including compliant, auto calculating, and auto populating software that features the mandatory 5-page Closing Disclosure (CD) and offers tools to help you manage your practice like a business.
Thousands of attorneys (both real estate and general practitioners) follow these best practices and use these 5 critical tools to produce real estate documents quickly and easily:
- Real estate closing software. There are many choices of real estate software in the market today, but one size does not fit all. Consider your needs and then choose the right software for your practice and staff. Essential software that gives you the automated tools needed to complete the CD and HUD (for commercial deals and refinances) can help you complete your closings accurately without costing you a fortune. Easysoft is designed specifically for legal professionals and is affordable, easy-to-use software that allows you to work anywhere, anytime.
- 1099-S Filing for Real Estate Closings. One of the responsibilities of being a real estate attorney is that you need to file 1099-S forms on time. While many attorneys wait, best practices are to file as you go and not risk missing the filing of a form or worse, missing the filing date. Easysoft’s 1099-S feature within the real estate closing software offers a direct integration so you can file 1099-S forms immediately after each closing.
- Interactive ledger. Ensuring and tracking all monies associated with a closing is important to ensure you are avoiding penalties. Be sure your software supports your bookkeeping tool, and ask if the closing software you are considering exports your ledger to QuickBooks or QuickBooks Online, two of the most popular bookkeeping systems used by solo and small firm attorneys nationwide.
- Track closings. You’ve added closings to your practice, but how many closings have you completed and which staff are the most active? Be sure the software you choose offers a Closing Report that lists all closings so you can quickly and easily summarize the work of your firm and share the data from your real estate closings with your accountant. This report is useful when evaluating your practice’s priorities and deciding how much handling real estate closings is worth to your firm.
- Customize your own documents. We all have our favorite documents and templates that have been curated over the years or borrowed from a colleague. Don’t pay for pre-designed documents that you’ll have to tweak and edit to your liking. Select software that allows you the flexibility to bring in your own documents, edit, and change what you like to make them your own. The best real estate closing software for attorneys is the one that works with what already works for you. You shouldn’t have to change from what’s working well, but rather, find real estate closing software that supports your existing methods.
About Easysoft Real Estate Closing Software and the Automated Closing Disclosure Form (CDF)
With built-in features that help simplify the workflow and keep all parts of the closing process unified, compliant, and error-free, real estate lawyers and general practitioners can be confident in the decision to join thousands of attorneys who use Easysoft Legal Software. Not only does the software feature the mandatory compliant and easy-to-complete Closing Disclosure Form (CDF) and HUD, but it is also ideal for PC and MAC-based law firms because the software is web-based and compatible on all devices, including mobile. Easysoft’s settlement software also features:
-Once and done data collection
-Compliant and auto-fillable CD and HUD
-The ability to export from the ledger
-Check printing directly from the software
When it comes to real estate closing software, there is no better product on the market than Easysoft. Our software is designed specifically for attorneys and legal staff, making the closing process quick and easy. We offer a variety of features that make our product the best choice for your legal practice, including:
- A user-friendly interface that is easy to learn and navigate
- Real-time updates so you always have the most current information
- Customizable forms to ensure that your process meets your specific needs
- Customer support so you can get help when you need it.
If you're looking for a reliable and user-friendly software solution for your real estate closings, then look no further than Easysoft. Easysoft real estate closing software is the best product and best practice for any real estate law firm or attorney. We may be biased, but we have some great points.
While this list of closing software features is by no means exhaustive, it provides a snapshot of the types of tools that can help you streamline your real estate closing process and make life easier for you and your clients. If you're looking for a more comprehensive solution, or if you're just starting out and need some guidance on what to use, don't hesitate to call us or book a demo and then begin your 7-day trial.
For more information about how Easysoft real estate software can help your firm work smarter, faster, and within compliance, call 1-800-905-7638 ext. 1, click here to schedule your free, demo, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easysoft - The Power You Need at a Price You Can Afford